This happens quite a lot. It appears easy to wax a set of eyebrows, that is until someone inexperienced does it for you. It can, and often does, go terribly wrong. We have no shortage of clients coming to us with eyebrow wax drama with chunks where the ends or beginnings of their eyebrow hair have been accidentally removed by a messy wax job. So here are our suggestions for what to do in this situation in order of least to most favorable.
- Wait till it grows back. Eh!
- Buy a pair of fake reading glasses to cover your brows. Again, not so practical.
- Draw them in with pencil. This can help but has drawbacks. It doesn’t always adequately camouflage depending on how bad the mess up is. It’s a hassle to keep reapplying, if you are not good with shaping your own eyebrows, it can look wonky.
- Visit an eyebrow specialist. With a good eyebrow stylist and designer, subtle changes in shape can be made to hide any imbalances caused by the improper waxing.
- Ask if they have a temporary pigmentation method. We use a manual technique called Star Brows™, which can camouflage gaps or imbalances by drawing in with pigment fine hair strokes, shading and coloring to create the illusion that your eyebrows are perfect once again. It also has the added benefit of creating more shape and definition overall. Since this will fade over a short or long time, depending on the depth used, once your brow hair grows back it will be back to the way it was before the ‘gone terribly wrong’ eyebrow wax.
ASIDE TIP: you can apply castor oil at night to your brows. It’s been known to speed up hair growth.
Remember when having any kind of micro-pigmentation done on the eyebrows to make sure your operator isn’t just technically proficient but also truly understands the anatomy of the eyebrow, face shapes the various ways in which particular styles of eyebrows and faces compliment one another.
It’s important to find an artist with an eye for balance who can draw in the shape before-hand to make sure it’s exactly what you want and that it gives you that BROW WOW factor.
A good idea is to have them balance and style your natural eyebrows to begin with. You will get a better understanding of their eyebrow mastery and if you like how they design your natural brows first. If they can’t get your natural eyebrows right, it’s unlikely the micro-pigmentation design will work out better .