Why it’s the top new tool in your quest for natural beauty.
The art of semi-permanent makeup has a long and diverse history, starting out with and developing alongside body-art tattooing. Humans have been adorning their faces and bodies with various permanent markings and designs for thousands of years.
Originally it would have had a more utilitarian purpose as with the markings of a specific tribe or hierarchy, but slowly over time the beautification and artistic usage took dominance.
The procedure was very popular as far back as 2,000 years ago in both China and Ancient Egypt where defining the eyes and eyebrows was a well-practiced form of beautification by the upper and royal classes. A well-known example of a woman who used makeup tattooing on her face is Queen Cleopatra.
Semi-permanent makeup today
Today there is a distinct separation in the industry between that of tattoo as body-art and semi-permanent makeup for the face only. Tattoos on bodies are meant to stand out and be a show piece, whereas the work done on the face is designed to be subtle and natural looking, if not completely imperceptible. Click for more before and after photos of cosmetic tattoo procedures.
Semi-Permanent makeup went from forbidden in the 60’s and 70’s to very popular in the 80’s where big and bold was the fashion in everything from clothing to design in general. This was the decade where semi-permanent makeup most likely took on some of those negative connotations associated with the big, bold and beautiful style of the 80’s.
However, as the years have progressed so has the style, methods, technology, and artistry. In fact there has been a complete renaissance in the technique. It is almost unrecognizable to what it once was, creating its own highly specialized industry that is increasing in demand every year.
A refined art form
Semi-permanent makeup has become a refined art form with advanced technology and techniques being used to create the most natural and sophisticated looks. So much so that many technicians are re-naming the technique micropigmentation or sub-dermal pigmentation to distinguish itself from the early days where the methods and styles used were less refined.
Today we see an undeniable resurgence in the use of semi-permanent makeup in the modern beauty industry. Just like women decided it was best to remove hair completely using lasers rather than wax their legs for half a century, women are now seeing the enormous benefits to having semi-permanent color artistically and subtly added to their eyebrows, for example, rather than applying eyebrow pencil or eyeliner everyday.
The benefits can be very attractive. If you locate the right specialist, who is not just technically superior in skill, but also an artist who understands the style required to balance an individual’s face, then semi-permanent makeup could be the missing piece in your search for ageless and effortless beauty
It can save you time, money and keep you looking fresh and youthful with no makeup, even first thing in the morning. For most women, it’s critical to keep a very natural look. This is entirely achievable with a highly artistic and technically skilled specialist.
When you make an appointment, the procedure will most likely consist of an advanced digital machine with a single-use sterilised medical grade micro-thin needle and customisable all natural pigments. These tools are used to delicately add color and design to the top layer of the dermis, making it semi-permanent, not permanent. Results can last anywhere from six months to five years depending on both the wishes of the client and the techniques used.
Here is our check list for considering whether micro-skin pigmentation is right for you.
- Are you tired of applying eyebrow pencil, eyeliner or lip color everyday?
- Would you like to change the shape of your eyebrows to create a younger or more stylish look?
- Are there small tiny changes you would like to make to your eyebrows like a slightly higher or lower arch or replacing the arch? Would like them to be thicker? Darker? Longer? Or even shorter?
- Is there a style of eyebrow that is fashionable right now you would like to emulate?
- Do you have a scar or some hair missing in the eyebrow area that you would like filled-in to create a more natural look?
- Are your eyebrows completely different from one another, and you would like them to match?
- Are the color of your lips fading?
- Are your lips too thin?
- Would you like to be able to just apply lip gloss to instantly achieve more plump and rosy looking lips.
- Are your eyelashes thinning out? Not long enough? Not dark enough?
- Do you like the dramatic look of your eyes straight after an eyelash tint when the tint stays along the lash line? Would you like that effect to be more permanent?
All these effects can be achieved with micro-pigmentation to create a natural and ageless beauty. If you would like more information please explore The Art of Eyebrows website or call our boutique brow clinic (02) 92675800.